Wednesday, February 25, 2009
List: Skills I Really Want to Learn
I can boast a few diverse talents already but there's so much more I want to be able to do! List idea courtesy of the Secret Society of List Addicts.
• How to ride a motorcycle
• How to sew with a sewing machine, how to sew clothing
• How to network
• How to cook more interesting dishes
• How to take photos with the manual settings (F-stop, ISO etc.)
• How to apply eyeliner
• How to knit something and have it come out as the desired size and shape
• How to play mahjong
• How to resist cravings for certain foods and/or how to stop after just a taste
• How to be confident in myself
• How to do a spinning, airborne Tai Kwon Do kick
• How to speak more languages, brush up the ones I already studied
• How to focus on tasks at hand
• How to get what I want!
I recently acquired a small, hand-me-down Singer sewing machine (thanks, Lucy!) so once I find a manual for it, I can get started on that. My brother gave me Christmas presents relating to the sewing and cooking goals. Motorbike lessons are a possibility for spring!
What skills do you want to learn?