Yeah. Just so I don't feel like the last eleven days have been a complete waste of my life, here's what I managed to accomplish during my so-called recovery period:
- Started and finished 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'. Goodness me, the ending is a bit distressing, isn't it? I feel as though I've had the wool pulled over my eyes in Books 1 though 5. However, things aren't usually as they seem in Harry's world, so maybe some elaborate misunderstanding will be revealed in Book 7.
- Got to be very good at impersonating The Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come - my preferred method of communication was to point at something dramatically and to say nothing (in a meaningful way).
- Lost eight pounds. I am pleased.
- Set up my dad's computer to run on OS X.
- Watched an hour of 'Coronation Street' every day. The CBC's on strike, but I'm very happy with their stop-gap programming!
- Chose which Continuing Education class to take. I'm all registered for Hands-On Floral Design: this is an exciting 'hands-on' course that will teach students the basics of floral design. Students will learn how to make floral arrangements, centrepieces and wearable flowers. Learn the technical aspects of floral design and arrangements including proper floral composition, decorative elements and basic floral care. You will learn how to manipulate colour and texture to create fabulous centrepieces. Ribbon making, wiring, taping and basic floral care will be covered. You know, I'm probably much more girly and crafty than you guys realize... Language classes can wait 'til next term. I'm still keen on the idea of bellydancing, but I decided that for half the cost of the class, I could just buy a couple of instructional DVDs so I can 'shake it' whenever and as often as I please.
Hmmm, that doesn't sound like very much after all, does it?
- Almost forgot my biggest accomplishment: I knit about 25cm of my kid silk scarf. I made several mistakes on the basketweave pattern because my mind is a little messed up from my meds, but you can't really see. It looks good!